Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 23 - Wherein I go to bed and someone else blogs for me!

Hello! Guest blogger AJ here to take over for your regularly scheduled programming. Some people are very tired and have to get up very early for work. So I have volunteered to contribute tonight's posting.

Today I had Christine run me through her training routine with Pickles and the tubetato. I jumped in and did some work with the cue and the clicker. What she says is true! That timing is tricky - trying to make sure to click before Zoey drops the tubetato. You don't want to to get greedy seeing if she can hold on just a little longer and then BAM! you've reinforced a whole different (pick-it-up-and-drop-it) behavior. Lucky for us, Zoey is very patient with us and has come a long way from the rescue dog that had to learn to trust us enough to play and try new behaviors.

It is most excellent that Christine and Pickles hit the fundraising goal. But that doesn't mean you still can't reach into your little ole pocket and give something. Lyon-Martin needs it and the folks who rely on the health care they provide need it too! Maybe you gave already, but you bought a most excellent scratcher ticket at the corner store and you have a tiny windfall you'd like to share. You can give again! And how could you say no to this face?





2 comments:

  1. Oh, god! That face! Now I am going to buy a scratcher ticket (against all my convictions) just to see if I end up with a tiny windfall because I cannot say no to Dr. P!

    ReplyDelete