Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 13

Stayed at the same level today (teeth-on-tubetato on the floor), and Zoey is really doing well. Steadily building consistency. Definitely getting somewhere.

My precision in clicking to mark the exact moment she does the thing I want her to do is getting better, but it's really tough at this point of the training -- I basically have to put my head on the floor to see what she's doing to the tubetato. That just makes the timing and the mechanics of the whole thing a lot tougher, and that in turn is making the progress a little slower going.

Meanwhile, she had a breakthrough on the Secret Vincenzo Trick! It was very exciting. Smart puppy!

She even practiced the trick with me in a new place: my work. There was a little juggling of dog and errands and the heavy machinery outside the house today, so she spent the morning at work with me, sniffing all the new sniffs and lying about:

Sometimes I just want to lie under that table, too, Pickles.

It was a very fun adventure for all of us.

Next steps: keep doing what we're doing and build more consistency at the floor level. Maybe get a new tubetato, too. This one is beginning to disintegrate.

Please support our project & help us get to our next milestone: 80% to our $700 goal! Please click here! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the training consistency & breathrough, Pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold Montessori star for you, Dr. P! Doing things in a new environment is hard!

    ReplyDelete